Thursday, July 15, 2010

Operation PIP (Pew-Pew In Pink)

You may have noticed a few posts by me talking about gamers helping those in need. It's something I really believe in and think there is an incredible amount of power yet to be tapped with gamers. I wanted to share this idea I came up with to support awareness of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I have no real money to organize an event, but I thought I and other gamers could help raise awareness by doing something in the virtual world. Let me know what your thoughts and feelings and if it sounds good, to get the word out and see if we could get other gamers on board.


OPERATION P.I.P (Pew-pew In Pink)




Operation P.I.P involves getting gamers for the month of, or a specific day in, October to show their support for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. How would they do this? By logging into to their favorite MMO and get their game on...wearing something pink. It could be clothes, armor, weapons, vehicles, houses, pets, whatever. Just get out there and show that they care. If they have visible profiles maybe they could explain what they are doing and encourage folks to donate to their local Cancer Hospital. You could organize pink raids, pink parties, pink crafting, pink guild events, there are a ton of possibilities with this. It wouldn't cost anyone anything, heck if anything crafters could see a small market open up for a bit. Raise awareness and have fun in game at the same time, a win-win!

Now what does it take to do organize this? Simple, word of mouth through forums, blogs, twitter, etc. Its simple, easy to organize and can be supported across multiple platforms and can raise awareness and (hopefully) increase donations to a worthy cause.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment